For artists in the performing arts, public space and elsewhere
« MAGIC, WRITING TOOL FOR THE SHOW »
Thierry Collet – Compagnie le Phalène
Objectives of certification :
The certification makes it possible to validate the acquisition of all the bases of the implementation of a scenic writing, with a view of producing it in collaboration with professional structures and intended for varied public.
Its objectives are to certify that certified persons are able to :
- Analyze and understand the whole process of writing live shows
- Master the various methodologies to select the one that will allow to choose a scenic device adapted to their purpose
- Implement the different phases of writing the conception of an artistic in an individual and / or collective approach
Target skills :
- The learning of fundamental technical principles acting in conjuring to understand the singularity
- The use of magic as a scenic writing, proof of the stage. Create a dramaturgy through this language
- Appropriation of tools specific to magic to use them in his own artistic research
This training will allow you to approach the fundamental technical principles of conjuring, then to put them into play through theatrical exercises and improvisations to make writing tools for your artistic project.
The first part will be dedicated to the constitution of a toolbox, to the vocabulary of conjuring, which can be adapted to different configurations and types of manipulated objects : appearance, disappearance, destruction and reconstitution, levitation, mentalism.
The second part of the training will see the start of construction, on the set, of these different principles, in exercises aiming to bring out directions of meaning and writing. These tools will combine improvisation alone and with others, time for discussion and dramaturgy, attempts to combine these principles to create sequences and begin to invent a scenic writing.
The aim is not to adapt to pre-existing requests from creators wishing to use the magic tool in already conceived projects, but, in its writing process, to question in practice the possibilities, the stakes and possibly to be the limits of magic as language in the service of an artist’s intention.
Dates : 21st to 26th of october 2019
Location : Paris
Rates : 500 €
Concerned public : this training is open to artists already having a practice of conjuring, professional magician, but also people not having knowledge of the magic, circus artists, comedians, dancers, performers, directors, stage managers.
Register for this training
To pre-register for our professional training offer, fill out this form